Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Avada cadaver to my free time

I am taking anatomy at BYU right now. This is my last semester before I graduate and I've been putting this class off every semester I've been here. I've taken all the required classes around it, including classes a year ahead of anatomy, just to avoid it. But now! I must take it. And it's crazy.

We have to work in a cadaver lab to study various things (right now we're studying muscles). The body is a beautiful thing. We are so blessed to have bodies. I love my body and I'm grateful for my health. But dang. Those cadavers STINK! Ughh, it's painful. Formaldehyde and the other embalming fluids make for some of the worst smells on this planet. Today I kept getting juices on my arms and my lab manual. Ew. Some juice flew up and hit me in the forehead (not a good feeling). If people are bothered by cadavers, it's usually because of the sight but I think the smell is way worse. Anyway!! My little rant is over :)

I promise to not post anything about food in this one lol. Unfortunately, the cadaver lab has been a little detrimental to my appetite. I've been perfectly able to cook up a storm but Andrew bears the brunt of having to eat a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment