Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Olive Garden at home


I love Olive Garden. I don't love paying a lot or waiting for a table. Why is Olive Garden so busy? Andrew and I had a discussion about it, never mind. So I made Olive Garden copy cat recipes!

First. Pasta E Fagioli (the recipe). I used small shell pasta instead. Really good!! It's a pretty filling soup. It works fine as a main dish.

Next Olive Garden's Salad Dressing (the recipe). Think about it. It's such a cheap salad but Man! It is delicious! So easy to make really. Pour this over chopped romaine, sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, olives, croutons, pepperoncinis, etc. Boom. The easiest salad everyone loves.

And last but not least....Olive Garden breadsticks (the recipe). I've made a copy cat recipe on this blog before. I must say this recipe is better. I did use about 1/3 c less flour than it called for. I kneaded it for 10-15 mins (more than what the recipe says). And! I let it rise in a bowl until doubled before I rolled it out into the sticks and rise. The result was altogether better than before.


FUN!!! My house wreaks of garlic but hey. It's a small price to pay. Literally....get it? ahahahahaa

No comments:

Post a Comment