Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Butter Chicken Curry

So! During my London study abroad a couple years ago, I had some butter chicken curry that blew my mind! It was one of those dishes that shoot fireworks in your eyes from all the chemical reactions going on and the dopamine dump is overwhelming! These foods change your life. You will always search for it again and you may not find it. I haven't.... but I still try!

What I did was I bought a jar of butter chicken sauce...
Then I fixed it up the way it was in London.

I heated up some butter and olive oil in a skilled. Then added the following:
-one clove of garlic, chopped
-1/2 c chopped onion
-1-2 c chicken
-one sweet potato
-1/2 c green beans
-1/2 c heavy whipping cream
-a dash of chili powder and ginger

bam.

delicious.

I simmered it for about 20-30 minutes. It turned out really good!! It's as close to the stuff I had in London as I think I will get (on a student budget, mind you haha). I almost wonder if cream is thicker in London. I don't know. I'm wondering how to get it more creamy. The stuff in London was almost cheesy! Maybe next time I'll throw in a block of cream cheese out of pure desperation haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment