Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Black Bread

Woohoo!!!! I was really nervous about this one all day long!

I made an Outback Steakhouse/Cheesecake Factory black bread copy cat recipe and it turned out GREAT!


Here is the link for the recipe: Outback black bread recipe

The recipe calls for some weird stuff including vital wheat gluten and caramel coloring. I found vital wheat gluten at a Good Earth Natural Foods for around $2 per pound. Before, I went to Smith's and found a 22 oz bag for 8 bucks! No thank you! I scooped out some at Good Earth Foods and paid 68 cents :)  I also made the caramel coloring. Here are the directions: Caramel coloring recipe.

I sprinkled some oatmeal on the top, as you can see. The bread turned out really well! I did a half recipe and I was worried it wouldn't turn out but it's soft and delicious :) happy happy happy....


No comments:

Post a Comment