Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

OOOOH my goshhhh........

Orange.
Creme.
Brulee.
Three words that, if combined, make me droooool!! Oh my good heavens, DELICIOUS! Andrew and I received a creme brulee making kit at our last reception (thanks momma Blaylock!). And I was dying to try it out. So I made this orange creme brulee recipe



WOOOOO!!! It was so good :)

So a torch came in the brulee making kit but Andrew and I couldn't get it to work lol. Never fear, we just used the broiler instead. I read a tip online that said to broil creme brulee in an ice water bath to keep the custard cool. That's what I did, but I used a metal pan (glass will explode under the broiler). The ice bath pictured above was taken after broiling so it would stay cool while I took a picture :)

It took some work, not gonna lie. But it was worth it! And I'll DEFINITELY be making this again in the future. And I will be doubling the portions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment