Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh, how a good meal can lift one's spirits

Andrew and I spent a couple days last weekend at his family's cabin. We were alone and I didn't have access to my kitchen. We just ate hot dogs, pop tarts, spaghetti, and canned goods. LOL. We joked about arranging poptarts artistically and putting it on the blog. I'm not gonna lie, there was something really fun about it! BUT! It's oh so nice to have a proper meal :)

Tonight we had BBQ chicken! with baked potatoes! and rolls!!!!
Here is my plate!
So I had a couple hours to make this dinner, which was nice :) I put the chicken in the crock pot, poured on some BBQ sauce, and cooked it on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. During that time, I buttered the outside of the potato, sprinkled it with coarse salt (like Texas Roadhouse does!) and baked it. I kinda also... cheated. cause I microwaved it first for a minute or two SO that I wouldn't have my oven on high for long! Cause it's HOT! And we be payin for AC, shooot.

Here is what made this chicken Dah-lici-oso. I poured on some more BBQ sauce and put it under the broiler  for a couple minutes. I just love those crispy bits! And it feels more legit barbecue-d. 

By the way, don't you just love my plate? We got them as gifts at our last wedding reception! I was so stinkin happy because I picked them out and registered for them and I GOT 'EM!!! :D  


Oh and the rolls :) I LOVE rolls. And I made them up my favorite way: brushed with butter, sprinkled with garlic powder and parmeasan cheese. Be careful not to drool on your computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment