Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Fourth of July

Pinterest makes my eyes water and my lips quiver cause it's so AWESOME.
For the fourth, I made some American flag rice cripsy treats.
It was easy. I made the traditional rice crispy treat recipe and split it all into three different bowls. I died one-third red, one-third blue, and left the last third white. Then in a bread loaf pan, I put down a white layer, followed by a red layer. Then I formed a blue square on the right side and continued putting down layers to the left. When it was cool, I took the brick-of-a-treat out and cut it into slices. An American treat for an American family :) Oh, and they tasted good :)

Andrew and I went to a BBQ at Levi's place (holla, Levi!) and hung out with Lindsay Chandler (sup, Lindsay?). Afterwards, we searched Provo to find a nice place to sit and watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks except all of Provo was flippin' packed like a crazy son-of-a-ding-dong. Then we realized, hey! We live right next to the stadium! So we went home and watched the fireworks from our street corner.

Lindsay, Andrew, and I lit some of our own fireworks in a sketchy parking lot. While we were walking back to our car, we looked up and saw our car getting towed. Oh my squirming guts, that's a terrible feeling. Luckily we got to it before the devil-dressed-up-as-a-tow-truck-man drove off and we were able to drive away $100 bucks poorer :( Some devil tow truck men have no patriotism.

No comments:

Post a Comment