Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This one time, on Pinterest...

I saw this recipe on Pinterest: Pretzel snacks, our favorite Christmas treat. And I thought, hmph, that would be a delightful Christmas treat! But then, the out-of-control craving centers of my brain said I WANT IT NOW. So I made some changes....
First I put a little square of caramel in the middle on some and a little slice of a Snickers candy bar on others.
I put it in the oven at 225 degrees for 4 -6 mins, until it's soft and a little melty. Then I added some chocolate chips.
I put it back in the oven for 2 mins, or until the chocolate is melted. Then I took a knife and smoothed the tops a bit.
Boom. Turtles that are square and pretzel-crunchy. Andrew even ate them (and he doesn't like pretzels). Which begs the question, who doesn't like pretzels?!


No comments:

Post a Comment