Bloggin' It

I'm Jessica and I married Andrew Blaylock on June 8, 2012. This is my account of our newly formed marriage!

SPOILER ALERT, it's going to involve a lot of food.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Whhhat I'm I going to do with all this cake?!??

On Sunday, I noticed that we had a yellow butter cake mix and it sounded delicious. So I made it, and ya, it was delicious, but then I didn't want the rest of the whole cake. Now I've got this cake...what I'm a gonna do??? So I made cake pops :)

It's easy! Here's the website I used: Cake Pops 

The cake was already baked so that step was done. I made a little icing recipe (4 oz cream cheese, I cup powdered sugar, 2 tbsp butter, splash of milk). I did a half recipe since I only wanted to use half of the cake.  Once the icing and cake is mixed, I threw in some food colors and had a blast!!! Raaainbow :)
I froze them for a couple hours (I put the sticks in half way through). Once they're cooled and sturdy, I dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkles.

Cake pops are usually fully-covered and typically covered in a candy-based coating. But I only had chocolate and I wanted the cute colors to peek out of the bottom. I was gooooing to take them to a relief society activity......but then I didn't ;))  but now, I'm like Whhhhat I'm I going to do with all these cake pops??!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment